As of July 1, 2017, any seller who wants to sell across India needs to enrol for GST (Goods and Services Tax), except if the seller sells goods or services under exempt categories. The GST registration process is entirely paperless which means that it will take place online or digitally. There will not be any hard copies or physical print outs required for the enrolment.
We have broken down the registration process for GST into smaller parts for your convenience.Part I: Generate your GST Application form
The first step is to obtain the Temporary Registration Number (TRN). To obtain this, you need a valid mobile number (an India number), email address and PAN (Permanent Account Number) for the business.
1. Go to official GST portal - https://www.gst.gov.in/
and under the services tab, choose Services > Registration > New Registration. You can also apply for GST using our exclusive offer for Amazon by clicking here.
2. On the Registration page, enter all the requested details (including your PAN number), email address and mobile number.
3. After entering the details, click proceed. You will receive two different OTPs on your mobile and on your email for verifying the mobile number and the email id. OTP is valid only for 10 minutes. If required, you can regenerate the OTP.
Your Temporary Reference number will be generated at the end of this process.
4. To use this number, either click Proceed or Services > Registration > New Registration
option and select the Temporary Reference Number (TRN)
radio button to login using the TRN.
5. In the Temporary Reference Number (TRN) field, enter the TRN generated and enter the captcha text as shown on the screen.
6. After this you will be asked to verify OTP again. This is different from the previous OTP generated, please enter the new OTP received. The same OTP will be received on the verified mobile number and email id.
7. This will take you to your “My Saved Application” page. You will have to fill in all the form details and submit within 15 days. After this, your number and saved form will be deleted. Click the Edit button and proceed to Part II.