Lightning Deals can benefit you in the following ways:
- More visibility: The deals page on the Amazon.in marketplace is one of the most visited pages by shoppers. If you opt to use Lightning Deals, your deal will be listed here giving your products added visibility.
- Halo effect: The increased product visibility lasts through the offer and even after the offer ends.
- Clear out inventory: Lightning Deals also help you sell overstock or seasonal products. If you have a range of products that are not fast moving and you would like to clear up the stock quickly, you can list them under Lightning Deals.
How to avail a Lightning Deal?
There are two ways of availing a lightning deal if you are a registered, active seller on Amazon and use FBA to sell your products:
- Pre-approved Deals via invitation
- Suggest your own deals
Amazon internally evaluates your inventory and your seller account to create deals specific to your product category and product specifications. These pre-approved deals are generated to help you gain the best value once you decide to take the deal live. You can review upcoming and active deals at any time and cancel a deal up to 24 hours before the deal is scheduled to run. To avail a pre-approved deal, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log on to your seller central account with the correct username and password
- Select Lightning Deals from the Advertising tab on the top bar of Seller Central
- You will then see the list of recommended offers under recommendation
- Click on the deal you would like to proceed with
- Edit the quantity and price of the products
- Select a week for your deal to run
- Once you have filled in all the details accurately, your deal will be scheduled to run on any single day of the chosen week
Alternatively, you can also get in touch with our Seller Support team and seek their assistance or watch this video.
If you would like to suggest your own deals for products that are not recommended, you can do so by following the steps mentioned below:
Suggest your own deals:
To suggest your own deal you have to keep an eye out for an invite from firstname.lastname@example.org in your email account. This email invite is sent out every two weeks. You should fill in the complete form* with your details (shared via the invite email) and remember to respond within the deadline. You can also watch this video to learn more about how to suggest your own Lightning Deal.
* Please note if you want to promote more than one product, you would need to fill a form for each product.
To give your products the best chance of prominent positioning, consider the following when creating your own deal:
- Customers love deals with high product availability. Include as many variations (like size, colour, style, and so on) as possible.
- Customers love low prices. Offer the most attractive price possible.
Managing your deals
Once your deal is selected, you will receive an email with confirmation. Each deal is live for a limited number of hours on any one day during the Amazon Lightning Deals week.
How to get started on Amazon as a seller?
To get started with selling on Amazon, you can click here and to join FBA and gain eligibility for Lightning deals, you can click here.